Friday, October 25, 2013

CIVICS- Students have an opportunity to make up some points after a very disappointing Unit Test.  I have opted not to offer a retake as many students said they didn't spend very much time studying the study guide I provided the class.  I don't feel like offering a retake is sending the right message.  I have previously allowed the class a retake of a quiz that wasn't up to expectation.  Both time students had a study guide and didn't make use of it.

To earn points, students may do the following:

1. Hand write every missed question with the right answer. in the following format.  Remember it is to all be hand written.

____B___ What is the difference between an authoritarian government and a democratic government? Answer here  

For every correct answer 1/2 a point will be earned.  Students only have until Monday's class time to deliver these to me.  The end of the marking period is very near and I need enough time to get them graded.  I will not accept any after 2:00 pm on Monday. 

I realize we have very few grades in the grade book, so this is an opportunity that some students need very much. I have a plan for the next marking period to get more points in the grade book and still follow the curriculum that is expected of me.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment